Dr. Tulip - Bariatric Surgeon in Bangalore
She is a Bariatric surgeon having more than 20 years of extensive experience in Bariatric surgery and Laparscopic procedures.
Ms, FMIS, FIAGES, FALS, FMIBS (USA) MBBS, from Pravara Institute of Medical Science, Loni under Pune University and did an internship from Pravara Institute of Medical Science, Loni. She has done FMIS, FIAGES, FALS and FMIBS, USA in minimally invasive bariatric surgery respectively. Dr. Tulip has done her training in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery at University of Minnesota under Dr. Sayeed Ikramuddin.
- Bariatric and metabolic surgery General Surgery Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopic Surgery)
- Dr. Tulip is an advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon practicing in Bangalore at TODS- Dr. Tulip’s Obesity and Diabetes Surgery Centre, Vikram Hospital and A.V Hospital.
- After her masters in general surgery, she went on to do her fellowship in Minimally invasive surgery through the Rajiv Gandhi University at Bangalore and then fellowship in Bariatric surgery at the University of Minnesota USA.
- Dr. Tulip has been awarded SOE – ” Surgeon of Excellence” in Bariatric and Metabolic surgery by the SRC – ” Surgical Review Corporation” USA.
- She has given live demonstrations of various Bariatric surgeries like the Sleeve gastrectomy, Gastric bypass, Mini gastric bypass, Banded sleeve gastrectomy, Banded Gastric bypass in National and International conferences held at the IFSO Montr6eal, Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi Mysore, Bellary, Belgaum, and Hassan.
- Dr. Tulip has good experience in performing redo surgeries like Sleeve to mini-gastric bypass, sleeve to Roux en Y gastric bypass, Band to bypass, sleeve in people who have regained weight after surgery.
- Apart from these Dr Tulip also performs other advanced laparoscopic surgeries like rectopexy, APR, LAR , gastrectomy, colectomy, Nissens Fundoplication, Hellers cardiomyotomy, etc.
- Dr. Tulip is also a faculty in the two-year fellowship program in bariatric surgery through Rajiv Gandhi University wherein surgeons are trained to do bariatric surgeries.
- Dr. Tulip is also involved in the short term training of surgeons and gynecologists in the field of laparoscopy wherein surgeons performing conventional surgery are trained to perform basic laparoscopic surgery.
- Dr Tulip has also done a course in medical animation and has brought out many learning videos for surgeons and gynaecologists . these videos can help them learn the technique and also give them exposure to a wide variety of surgeries.
Achievements of Dr Tulip:
- She is the first lady Surgeon in the country to operate in an International Bariatric Surgery Workshop.
- Co- authored Video books for Digital learning on 100 ways of performing Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy,Laparoscopic Hernia The Good, Bad, and Ugly and Video book Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery .
- She is involved in the research & development of a BEST Institute Bangalore Virtual reality laparoscopic simulator at the BEST Institute Bangalore.
- Faculty for Laparoscopic Bariatric training course since 2010
- Faculty for the bariatric fellowship programme through the Rajiv Gandhi University
- Performed various live surgeries in conferences and workshops